Java Developer for Fintech Startup
Position and Company Overview
Cambrist is a fast-growing Fintech startup with a vision to redefine international payments by offering banks and other payments processors greater control & transparency over the foreign currency rates applied to their customers’ transactions.
To help us achieve our goals, we are looking for a Java Developer to join our team. The right person for this role will have several years of experience (both personally & professionally) developing software that works; software that solves real problems.
As a founding member of Cambrist’s technology team, this person will have a huge impact on our growth & culture, so we intend to be quite selective, but if you’re passionate about what you do and want to make a difference, we encourage you to apply.
- Design and develop high-volume, low latency applications for mission critical foreign exchange and payments processing systems.
- Contribute in all phases of the development life-cycle.
- Write well designed, testable and efficient code. We want code that is simple and yet accomplishes complex tasks. We’re not interested in code for its own sake.
- QA your own code and that of other team members.
- Be engaged in continuous improvements by investigating alternatives and presenting them to the CTO.
- Completed a university degree (level 6 or beyond); maybe you studied Computer Science, maybe not. We’re not bothered either way. We believe you need a university degree because education is important, but some of our best developers taught themselves to code.
- You love to code. You do it for yourself, because you love it and you’re really, really good at it.
- You have 4 to 6 years of proven experience in designing and developing Java applications.
- You have hands-on experience with the following technologies: Java, JPA, JDBC, Web containers (Jetty, Tomcat), multi-threading, encryption, SQ and Linux; knowledge of Postgres and CentOS will also be helpful.
- If you gained your developer experience while working, we generally prefer people who worked in small to medium sized companies where they had broader experiences and autonomy.
- Be self-motivated and able to work well independently, without significant oversight.
Plus, you will be a rock-star for us if you also have experience in:
- Managing SQL databases
- Payments and/or financial transaction processing (ISO 8583, FIX 4.x)
- Microsoft Azure developer environment
But these skills are not requirements for the role.
If this description sounds good, please apply at email@example.com and reference 'Java Developer' in email subject line.